The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Microsoft Office Outlook is a free software add-in that allows CRM users to access records in the CRM database directly from their Outlook client. It also allows users to track email threads and synchronize contacts, appointments, and emails between Outlook and the CRM database.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2103 for Outlook Installation Steps:
1. Download Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Microsoft Outlook
The CRM for Outlook add-in is available to download from the Microsoft Download Center. Click the following link to download the add-in: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40344. If you are running 32-bit Microsoft Office Outlook, make sure that you download the CRM2013-Client_ENU-i386.exe. If you have are running 64-bit Outlook, make sure that you download CRM2013-Client-ENU-amd64.exe instead.
Next, choose which version of the add-inyou wish to install
To check which version of Outlook you are running, complete the following steps:
For Outlook 2013, open Outlook, click File > Account, and then click the About Outlook button
Once the About Microsoft Outlook window opens, you can view the version that you are running at the top of the window
For Outlook 2010, open Outlook, and Click File > Help. The version and platform are listed like this: Version 14.0.0000.0000 (32-bit).
2. Extract the file
Right click on the file that you downloaded and select Run as Administrator. You must have Administrator privileges on your computer in order to complete the installation. You will be asked to select a folder to store the extracted files. We suggest clicking Make a New Folder and naming your new folder something catchy like “CRM for Outlook,” so that you can easily find it. Once you select a folder, the files will begin to extract.
3. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Outlook Setup will launch
4. Check the box to accept the license agreement, and click Next
5. Click Options if you wish to enable Offline Capability or change the installation location
Offline capability allows users to access versions of your CRM records that are saved locally. If offline Capability is enabled, any changes made while offline will later sync to the CRM server. Users can add offline capability later by clicking Go Offline in Outlook.
6. Click Install Now to begin installation
7. Wait for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Outlook Setup to install all components
8. Once the installation process has completed, the installer will show the screen below indicating that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Outlook has been successfully installed
9. Click Close
10. Restart Outlook
Assuming the installation proceeded correctly, you should now be ready to configure Outlook to connect with your CRM organization.
Common Installation Problems
Here are a few common installation problems and solutions:
1. Your computer does not meet the minimum hardware or software requirements
Read more about the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook hardware requirements and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook software requirements. You must have Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista SP2. You also have to be running Microsoft Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2007. The plugin will not work with Windows XP or with Outlook 2003.
2. You are attempting to install the add-in on a Mac running any version of OS X
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook add-in only works with Office for Windows PCs. It does not work with Office for Mac versions of Outlook.
3. Setup fails because the incorrect platform was chosen
If you attempt to install the version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for Outlook for the wrong platform (32-bit instead of 64-bit or vice-versa), an error will arise telling you that the installation has failed. Click Close, and download the file that corresponds to the correct file (32-bit or 64-bit) for the version of Outlook you are using instead.
4. Outlook is running when you attempt to install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook plugin
Close Outlook and try again.