- How do I use shared computer activation and what do I need to download or enable in Office 365?
- I’m a small business or bought Office 365 directly or via a 3rd party. Can I use shared computer activation if I don’t have Volume Licensing versions of Office?
- Can I use Office 365 ProPlus with shared computer activation in my standard image? What if some people don’t have Office 365 ProPlus rights on those PCs?
- Will shared computer activation work with Citrix XenApp, Azure RemoteApp or similar remoting solutions?
- Can I replace normal, user-based subscription activation completely with shared computer Activation? Are there any disadvantages?
Here is a walkthrough on how to implement this:
Download the Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run here – http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36778
Run and extract the tool to a folder on your RDS.
Edit and configure the configuration XML file as follows: (please see the comments below regarding copying and pasting this to a Notepad program)
<Add SourcePath=”\\SERVER\SHARE\” OfficeClientEdition=”32″ >
<Language ID=”en-us” />
<Display Level=”None” AcceptEULA=”True” />
<Property Name=”SharedComputerLicensing” Value=”1″ />
**NOTE: Edit and configure the \\SERVER\SHARE path
From an elevated Command Prompt, run Setup to download the installation files.
Setup.exe /download configuration.xml
***NOTE: Add location paths as needed
The Office365 ProPlus installation files will be downloaded to the specified share with the following structure.
From an elevated Command Prompt, run Setup to install Office Click-to-Run.
Setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
When the installation is complete, the Office 2013 suite will be available for use.
On starting the application, you will be prompted to Activate Office. Click Next and Sign in.
Once signed in, you are ready to go. Office will automatically activate and configure the applications.
For more information, head on to the following 2 MS Technet articles.
- Deploy Office 365 ProPlus by using Remote Desktop Services – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782858(v=office.15).aspx
- Reference for Click-to-Run configuration.xml file – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219426(v=office.15).aspx